Four Free Resources to Demystify the Future Work Megatrend
For any HR, L&D professional or business leader reading the news today, the future of work is a trending headline. It is a broad phrase that encompasses topics such as:
- reskilling employees for future job roles
- increasing inner mobility and retaining in-house talent
- upskilling is the future of the L&D
- understanding the shifting demand for workplace skills driven by AI and automation
Although the scope is wide, the trend is real - driven by digital advances in how products and services are delivered and the experiences consumers expect. Of equal importance is the significant shift in social consciousness and the impact “work” has on employees as individuals, the environment, and the general greater good.
Confused? Suffering from FOMO? Read on.
Below is a list of resources from thought leaders to help you bridge knowledge gaps and inform your thinking.
- Deloitte’s 2019 Global Human Capital Trends report. Read about the future work, digital transformation, talent mobility, social impact, new career pathways and more. Access the full report here.
- McKinsey Global Institute The Future of Work in America report. Discover the evolution of jobs and skills, the importance of career pathways to economic mobility, occupations with the highest projected displacement rate, the fastest growing occupations, and the impact on places, people and companies. Access full report here.
- PwC CEO Survey: Talent Trends 2019. Read how the lack of growth and innovation skills impacts business performance in this report focuses on upskilling talent for the digital world. CEO’s believe that focusing on reskilling and upskilling employees is of the most importance to close the skills gap. Access the full report here.
- The Business Roundtable. Unpack this organization of 200+ CEOs’ “Statement on the “Purpose of a Corporation” that modernizes its principles and broadens its commitment to stakeholders that includes not only shareholders but employees, suppliers, communities and the environment. With regard to the workforce, they commit to:
- Investing in our employees. This starts with compensating them fairly and providing important benefits. It also includes supporting them through training and education that help develop new skills for a rapidly changing world. We foster diversity and inclusion, dignity and respect. You can read the statement in its entirety here.
Frontier Signal sees the future of work as uniquely human and our mission is to help people maximize their talent. We deliver augmented-intelligence technology for business and HR leaders to acquire, develop, and retain an engaged and aligned workforce to meet current and future needs and drive revenue in their organizations. If you would like to learn more, email us at email@example.com or call us 646-866-7028.